A liberal arts and sciences education is an interdisciplinary approach to higher education that combines the liberal arts and natural sciences together. It provides a broad foundation for students to become well-rounded critical thinkers and problem solvers as they gain knowledge of both traditional liberal arts disciplines, such as literature, philosophy and history, and also the sciences, including physics, chemistry and biology.
Table Of Content:
- Liberal Arts and Sciences - Associate in Arts degree (AA)
- Liberal Arts and Sciences AA Pathway | HCC
- Liberal Arts & Sciences AA
- Liberal Arts and Sciences AA – Bronx Community College
- Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, A.A. – Three Rivers Community College
- Associate of Arts - Liberal Arts and Sciences | M State
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, A.A. - Degree Program - Niagara County ...
- KCKCC | Associate in Arts Degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences ...
- Program: Liberal Arts and Sciences, AA - Gateway Community ...
1. Liberal Arts and Sciences - Associate in Arts degree (AA)
The Associate in Arts graduate is prepared for admission with advanced standing to a baccalaureate program. The student who completes the A.A. program has ...
2. Liberal Arts and Sciences AA Pathway | HCC
The Liberal Arts & Sciences pathway is designed for students who want to pursue a bachelor's degree in a variety of fields. Depending upon the focus of ...
3. Liberal Arts & Sciences AA
The Liberal Arts & Sciences Associate of Arts (AA) degree is a 60 credit degree that is intended for students who plan to transfer to another public or ...
4. Liberal Arts and Sciences AA – Bronx Community College
The Liberal Arts and Sciences curriculum prepares a student to be an accomplished and productive human being. A liberal arts degree opens doors to the ...
5. Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts & Sciences
Anoka-Ramsey Community College is a multi-campus institution and a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
6. Liberal Arts and Sciences, A.A. – Three Rivers Community College
The Liberal Arts and Sciences Associate in Arts degree program is designed primarily for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to ...
7. Associate of Arts - Liberal Arts and Sciences | M State
Sep 26, 2019 ... M State's Associate of Arts - Liberal Arts and Sciences degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or ...
8. Liberal Arts and Sciences, A.A. - Degree Program - Niagara County ...
The Liberal Arts and Sciences degree program curriculum has been designed to be flexible and also allows students who change career choices, ...
9. KCKCC | Associate in Arts Degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences ...
The Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences Degree requires satisfactory completion of a minimum of 60 semester hours of academic work with a ...
10. Program: Liberal Arts and Sciences, AA - Gateway Community ...
The Associate in Arts degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) is designed for students who wish to complete a rigorous course of study in preparation for ...
What are the benefits of a liberal arts education?
A liberal arts education provides students with a wide range of skills valued by employers such as communication, problem solving, collaboration and critical thinking. Furthermore, pursuing a degree in the liberal arts allows students to explore their intellectual interests in depth without having to specialize too early.
What type of courses are included in a Liberal Arts & Sciences program?
Courses typically include history, languages, psychology, mathematics, music theory or performance art, foreign languages and classics. In addition to these traditional course offerings students may also have access to other topics such as environmental studies or international relations.
Is a liberal arts & sciences degree good for getting into graduate school?
Absolutely! Employers recognize that individuals with a bachelor's in Liberal Arts & Sciences have developed analytical thought processes due to coursework that requires them to think critically about various topics. As such graduates with this degree tend to be well-prepared when it comes time to apply for any graduate school program.
What kind of career opportunities can I pursue with a Liberal Arts & Sciences degree?
The skills gained from this type of degree make graduates highly valuable across many industries such as business administration and management; research analytics; public relations; writing; marketing; social services; non-profit work; event planning and more.
Liberal Arts & Sciences provide an expansive curriculum that helps develop versatile skills necessary for achieving success in today’s competitive job market. With its ability to prepare students for advanced degrees or pursue professional careers in multiple fields it is no wonder why so many students choose this specific path upon enrolling at universities today.