High intensity training (HIT) is a form of exercise that has grown in popularity over the last decade. HIT involves performing short, intense bursts of exercise for optimal results. This type of workout is designed to help improve strength and aerobic conditioning, as well as burn fat. There are several principles that must be followed in order to get the most out of an HIT workout. This article will discuss these important principles, as well as provide some helpful FAQs about HIT.
Table Of Content:
- Training the Yates Way | Muscle & Fitness
- HIIT Benefits: 7 Reasons to Try High Intensity Interval Training
- Functional Training Videos | Functional Training Exercises
- High impact teaching strategies (HITS)
- What Is HIIT, and How It Improve Your Workouts? | SELF
- Introducing the Nautilus Bulletins 1, 2, and 3 Review and Discussion ...
- What Is the FITT Principle? - Video & Lesson Transcript
- Bodyweight High Intensity Training Discussion and Demo
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) | ACE Blog
- If you haven't... - Drew Baye's High Intensity Training | Facebook
1. Training the Yates Way | Muscle & Fitness
Without Dorian Yates, high-intensity training (HIT) may have ended up as just ... Some people observed him battling weights in person or on video and ...
2. HIIT Benefits: 7 Reasons to Try High Intensity Interval Training
High intensity interval training (HIIT) involves short bursts of intense exercise alternated with recovery periods. Here are 7 health benefits of HIIT.
3. Functional Training Videos | Functional Training Exercises
Check out RMT Club functional training exercises & videos including skill based, high intensity & sports specific. Build strength, mobility and coordination.
4. High impact teaching strategies (HITS)
In this video, Brighton Primary School talks about how they are embedding practice principles and HITS into their core business model. Narre Warren South P ...
5. What Is HIIT, and How It Improve Your Workouts? | SELF
Jan 3, 2021 ... What is HIIT is a common question many exercisers ask. Here's how to incorporate high intensity interval training into your routine.
6. Introducing the Nautilus Bulletins 1, 2, and 3 Review and Discussion ...
Apr 18, 2021 ... ... from Arthur Jones' Nautilus Training Principles Bulletins 1, 2, and 3, considered by many to be the “bibles” of high intensity training.
7. What Is the FITT Principle? - Video & Lesson Transcript
Mar 30, 2017 ... Intensity is how hard your exercise. We might categorize this as low, moderate, or high intensity. Time refers to the time of day you ...
8. Bodyweight High Intensity Training Discussion and Demo
Jun 17, 2013 ... In the video below I discuss and demonstrate how high intensity training principles should be applied to bodyweight exercise.
9. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) | ACE Blog
Dec 2, 2011 ... Looking for a way to add variety to your exercise plan while taking your fitness to the next level? High-intensity interval training (HIIT) ...
10. If you haven't... - Drew Baye's High Intensity Training | Facebook
If you haven't joined the HIT List yet, here are just a few of the videos you missed over ... Bodyweight high intensity training principles and practice.
What is high intensity training?
High intensity training (HIT) is a form of exercise that involves performing short, intense bursts of exercise for optimal results in terms of strength and aerobic conditioning and to help burn fat.
How long should a HIT workout last?
A HIT workout typically only lasts 20-30 minutes since the exercises involve intense bursts of physical activity.
What type of exercises can I do during an HIT workout?
You can do any type of exercise you like during an HIT workout, provided it meets the criteria for intensity and duration. Some popular exercises include squats, lunges, burpees, mountain climbers, planks and push-ups.
Are there any special equipment needed for an HIT workout?
No special equipment is needed to complete an HIT workout; however you may wish to use weights or body weight resistance bands if desired.
High intensity training provides many benefits such as improved strength and muscular endurance, increased aerobic capacity and fat loss. These principles must be kept in mind when performing an effective HIIT routine to get maximum results from your workouts. With dedication and commitment to following these guidelines you can achieve great results!